Check-In & Briefings
All athletes will be required to check in on the day of the competition. Timings for each state will be released 2 weeks to your competition date, along with your heat schedules and heat number.
When you arrive at the Event, proceed to the check-in table allocated for your division where you will receive your event accreditation which will serve as your access to enter the competition.
A Medical Team will be available onsite at the Gold Coast to assist Athletes, Judges, Spectators and Event Crew in the event of a medical emergency, injury or first aid requirement. In all other locations we will have a medic on call. In case of emergency please alert of event crew immediately.
Athletes must be in the marshalling stalls 10 minutes prior to their heat. It is the athlete’s responsibility to know when your heat time is and to be prepared for your event. If you miss your heat, you will be given a score of zero for the event and may be removed for the remainder of the competition. A detailed competition schedule will be made available online closer to the event date.
The community experience of the Butterfly Effect is most important to us, and we want everyone to enjoy their time at the event. The Butterfly Effect has zero tolerance for poor behaviour and Event Organisers will not tolerate any person who is physically or verbally abusive, aggressive, or harassing of crew members, judges, fellow athletes, or spectators.
We expect all athletes and coaches to treat one another respectfully at all times. Event Organisers reserve the right to remove any person from the competition who breaches this code of conduct.
Appealing A Score
Athletes or team captains should file onsite appeals or scoring questions with the Head Judge or Athlete Control lead immediately following the event or at the earliest possible opportunity. Coaches are welcome to be involved with the appeals process but only after the completion of the event and in conjunction with the athlete.
Judgment calls made during an event are final and not negotiable or subject to change, modification, or appeal. In addition, athletes may not protest discrepancies related to the judging, scoring, or performance of another athlete or team.
An athlete or team CANNOT appeal live judgment calls and no reps by the judge. Common examples include, but are not limited to:
- Most range of motion faults (end ranges of rep) such as:
- Depth of a squat
- Extension of hips, knees, or arms
- Stabilization of a lift or equipment overhead
Examples of events or actions an athlete or team CAN appeal include:
- Scorecard or leader board data inconsistencies or errors
- Counting inconsistencies or errors (i.e., the total number of repetitions completed was incorrect)
- Loading inconsistencies or errors
- Course markings or directional inconsistencies or errors
- Equipment or monitor failure that was not the responsibility of athlete
- Miscommunication by a judge regarding movement standards, or event order or direction.
- Action of another athlete or person that impeded the athlete’s progress
Two appeal rule:
- Athletes/teams will start the competition with two appeals.
- Following each test, athletes/teams have the option to appeal (see eligible list above).
- If after investigation the appeal is granted, the athlete/team will retain their appeal count.
- If after investigation the appeal is denied, the athlete/team will lose one appeal from their appeal count.
- If an athlete/team exhausts their appeal count, they will not be allowed to make any other appeals over the remainder of the competition.
- Missing mandatory competition responsibilities such as athlete registration or may result in a loss of an appeal at the Head Judge’s discretion.
If you are registered to compete at the Butterfly Effect and for any reason are unable to attend the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please be aware that once registration has been paid in full no refunds will be made available.
Bags & Luggage
Upon entry each day Security may ask for a visual bag check.
Please be aware that the Butterfly Effect Gold Coast is an outdoor sporting event that may be affected by inclement weather conditions. While we are committed to holding the event as planned, the safety of our participants and attendees is our top priority. In the event of severe weather, we may need to make adjustments to workouts or delay/postpone events.
Butterfly Effect Media Team
We’re lucky to have an extensive and extremely talented team of content creators who are experts capturing every moment of our event and competition divisions.
Whilst we aim to capture as much of the Event as possible and deliver photo albums free of charge, we must stress this does not mean you are guaranteed a competition photo. Albums will be uploaded when the event photographers have finished editing. We aim to provide the albums within 2 weeks of the events.
Media passes are only available for the contracted Butterfly Effect media teams. All images and video content of the Competition is owned by Comp Expo Pty Ltd and may not be published or used for marketing or promotional purposes unless authorised.